October 05, 2010

camp, dragonflies and sneak peeks










if you follow my blog you will know that I went to a camp last weekend...in fact it was a scrapbooking camp! Yes I know you are scratching your head and saying "but you aren't a scrapper"...I have to tell you that I think it is the best thing I have ever done! The camp was not huge but it was wonderful, the ladies were all so lovely and very welcoming, they were willing students to my ideas and by the last day they had all adopted something I had shown them and used it in their pages. I was so proud of them all for daring to try something different. I strongly suggest to anybody who is running a scrapbooking camp or retreat to invite a mixed media or technique artist to be a part of it because it is the little things that we overlook that seem to be all we need to finish what we begin.

now you are wanting to know what the pictures are in this post eh? well the frame is a Twiddleybits piece I created at the camp...the art it frames is possibly going in for publication...if I can decide between that and another piece.
The dragonflies...the black and blue piece is my faux enamel one, created with Plaid's dimensional paints, the other dragonfly is the make and take you can come to the Penrith Papercrafts Festival to create...I will be there from start to finish at the Creative Era stand #50

2 comments:

Nicky P said...

These are lovely Linda.

Jo Kinder said...

aaawwww thanks hun. I really emjoyed having you at the retreat and I'm certain the ladies did too. I haven't quite recovered (still have bags under my eyes!!!!lol) so haven't got around to posting yet, but will get around to it ;)
Loving that faux enamel dragon fly!