November 07, 2011

a funny thing happened on the way to the show...

Scrapware Poinsettia - liquid gold leaf


the nearly complete steampunk hat

Scrapware make n take



faux rusting








Team Scrapware...Penrith Papercrafts Festival 2011


no this isn't an old post, no it isn't my evil twin or crazy half sister in the group photo...the photos are all from November 2011...the weekend just past. I know that some people are scratching their heads, some are sitting there with their jaws locked open...others are wondering what the frickin chicken I'm talking about...soooo to save all the BS, gossip and rumours allow me to set things straight.
Yes I have just worked for Scrapware at the Penrith Papercrafts Festival, yes I did quit Scrapware amid a cloud of shite (thanks mostly to interfering gronks) a while back, yes I do still work for Words Or Whatever and yes those who needed to know do, and did know all that was going on.
I am 40 years old, I do what I want to do and I have nobody to fear or need to answer to but myself. I know there are people out there who don't like me but I don't care because I like me...I like that even though people treat me like dirt I get up and keep on going, I am a good person who at the end of the day can say I forgive but I don't forget and I help those who I know will appreciate it.

Early last week my friend Trizzy asked me if I would help to set up a booth at the show, I said yes.
By the end of the night I was set to do the full three show days as the make and take teacher for Scrapware, I even designed the project that I wanted to do.
I had a wonderful time and it was brilliant to catch up with students and friends...some of whom were a bit confused about where I was. I explained that life is too short to hold grudges and in this industry we all need to work as a happy family. Of course not every family member wants that and it's always funny watching them walk by, avoiding eye contact but obviously in need of some love from their disowned sibling ;)


8 comments:

Trish Bee said...

Who cares if some people don't like you; you cant please everyone so no point in trying.

I happen to think your a good person and thats all that matters.

Keep shining your light and keep the art fire burning...

Monica said...

grudges are cancerous they grow and poison the mind

Natalie Wolfe said...

You just gotta do what is right for you, right? .... I remember doing the show like it was yesterday and it was a WHOLE year ago!

Linda M. Cain said...

Amazing, gorgeous work! TFS!

~Linda

Sueann said...

Well I don't know what the heck you are talking about! Ha! But that is okay! Looks like you are fine and well and I love all the work!
Glad you are still standing and loving your life and yourself! That is all good!'
Hugs
SueAnn

Irene said...

Bravo! on all accounts.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what all the kerfuffle is about you and Scrapware etc etc but I do so wholeheartedly agree with you about getting up after a knock down and just getting on with it. I have a saying.."be kind to others, not because they are nice people....but because YOU are" keep smiling and I love your work !! Julia from Karratha WA

Unknown said...

The make and take looks wonderful I am sure it was very popular. Love the SP hat to ;0) Dxx