November 22, 2010

Dressed up






Today I played with my little stash of Scrapmatts products that I had been given at the Penrith show earlier this month...thanks Andrew and Sofie for you friendship and generousity :)
I'm a big fan of vintage designs and I adore these traditional dressforms. They were already black, so that saved painting, I simply smere a little silver rub n' buff over the entire piece to give the chipboard a metalic look. I used a scrap of dress pattern paper to back the form and once the glue was dry I cut the stand off and glued it behind and gave the entire form a little bend and curve to give it some dimension

4 comments:

Jenny said...

How wonderful Linda... I love the way you have altered the dressform...
I will have to pull out the lovely stash of Scrapmatts products I was given for my birthday...thanks for the inspiration...

Jenny x

Brigitte G. said...

Got them too last time at Penrith as well !!!
ohhh ?? how come i didn't see you there ?? must have been looking everywhere at those yummy stuffs around me!!
what a clever idea to bend them to give them dimention !!
will try that next time i use it :)

Sueann said...

Love them! Love the dimension!
Hugs
SueAnn

Laura Spano said...

Ohhh, I love this Linda. You are just and endless well of creativity and inspiration.