July 11, 2008

awards

I want to say a huge thank you to everybody who nominates me for the quirky little blog awards that are seen on other sites.
It is very thoughtful of you to think of me as inspiring enough to be presented with one.
As you see I don't put them up on my blog and my reasons are as follows...anybody who knows me personally knows that simple praise is good enough for me and if you like what I make then just say so, and if you don't...then say so, our ideas of what is good and great all differ greatly and even an artist I admire greatly will from time to time make something I don't like...but really who cares? As long as they are happy with the effort or the outcome. I have seen the change artistically come from a lot of people I know and they give me some credit for inspiring them, I like that but I like it more when I see they totally adapt something I do and make it new and exciting and it leaves me inspired to try to grow myself.
The people who truly deserve all these lovely little blog awards are those who are truly growing and learning in their art.
So if by chance you are thinking of giving me one...a sincere thank you but honour me be finding somebody who deserves the encouragement....I'm confidant enough and happy with my art enough to not need them.

I hope this all makes sense

hugs to you all because you are all inspirational

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your work is our inspiration, as is your completely GIVING nature...you deserve to be lauded....even if it's only because of your adddiction to .... GEL MEDIUM !!!!

Carol Q said...

I'll second that!

Anonymous said...

Ditto too Linda! I wish more people felt the way that you did. Art certainly isn't about how many "blogging awards" you receive!
~xx Barb xx~

Anonymous said...

thank you for this words. you´ve said what i´m thinking. now i´ve said it in german;)

~*~Patty S said...

Very well put! Sure don't want to hurt anyone's feeling on the award thingy, but it seems more like chain letters, I never particiated in those either.....I have to say how blown away I am by your amazing artwork! I found you on ZuZu's lovely blog. I have to leave for an appt, but really want to linger here.......I shall return, you have so much to take in. TFS