January 14, 2012

who gives a hoot? I do :)

as you may or may not know I am finally, after six years, moving back home to Western Australia in June. I am going to miss a lot of people here in Sydney, and so I thought I would create some arty goodbye gifts for a couple of my lovely friends...this piece is not quite finished but is for my owl crazy friend and uber talented scrapper Gillian Lester.


...as always my colours are thanks to Lindy's Stamp Gang products

my friend Julie Saxby has a great little online embellishment store called Jules Gems that sells some lovely charms such as these brass pieces sitting on top of WOW cogs...great eyes eh?


every long feather is hand cut and every short feather is hand punched...I didn't count how many I used so I will just say heaps...I used an entire 12x12 sheet of black cardstock


I love these brass leaves, also from Jules Gems


8 comments:

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Wow, you have a lot of patience!!!
What a stunning tootie :D

Julie xx

WORDS OR WHATEVER said...

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! Can't believe how this has turned out. I will have to see this in real life one day I bet to appreciate it even more!!!

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Linda he is just beautiful. Love every amazing detail of him as I'm sure your friend will. Making note of where to shop thanks for sharing :-)

Shairon said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing! Lucky recipient!

CreativSpirit said...

Absolutely beautiful Linda. I'm so happy for you that you are going back to the West, I know that's where your heart is, but we will miss having you around, I hope that you will make it back over here doing demos at shows or classes. Big Hugs,
Rob

shirley said...

This is stunning Linda! Love it!
So much beautiful detail to look at.
Good luck with your move.

Karin said...

This is amazing!

Barbara (Ozzy) said...

a friend shared this lionk with me cos I adore owls, all I can say is your friend is extremely lucky to have friend like you cos I would love to be given such a present. he is beautiful