August 25, 2010

etching and metal stuff

for now you will have to be satisfied with a sneak peek at these two projects because they are part of my Scraptivate DT commitment. I will tell you this...the chain piece is a very versatile piece, I etched the brass inchies to adorn it and opted for a brass and blue theme, I love it and as I said it is versatile because I have created it to be worn as either a long necklace, a choker or a bracelet.
The larger piece I have created is a large brass plate that has been fired, rusted, etched, inked, painted and made into a hanging art piece...you will have to wait to see the full piece. The photos really don't show the amazing colours and the depth of the laquer.

3 comments:

Jilly Geraghty-Groves said...

ACK!!!! Sooooooooooooooo beautiful Linda! Can't wait to see the whole projects!!!
xxJ

Sarah said...

I think i died and gone to heaven, would love to see this in person. Beautiful, stunning, awesome, brillant.

Peggy said...

OK, ya got me. I'm following!