November 11, 2008
MY first attempt at making an apron
As the 50's style dress I made was going to be a bother to adjust (2 sizes too big...must learn that I'm not quite as plump as I feel), I salvaged the lovely fabric and put some of it to use in the construction of a vintage style apron. I used Butterick pattern B4087, I made apron "C".
My Mum bought me a dress makers dummy...now named "Fat Betty" and it was a great help...currently she is adorned with the Gothic spider wig I wore for Halloween, a strand of faux pearls (maybe one day I'll have some real pearls), and the apron...she's a fashionable dummy lol